Sedation Airdrie ~ Dental Sedation Coatbridge ~ Sedation Lanarkshire ~ Dental Sedation Glasgow
Sedation For Nervous Patients
We understand that many patients are terrified about coming to the dentist. Whatever the reason for your fear we are here to help you!
Dental sedation (IV sedation) is a safe and proven technique to help reduce your anxiety. You will receive a sedative drug which works rapidly to create a relaxed state that is maintained and monitored throughout treatment. Beyond creating an optimal environment for you, the patient, dentistry with sedation also allows us to complete multiple procedures in one appointment. You may not remember or be aware of any procedures or especially "getting numb." You breathe on your own and can often talk during the procedure. This is not like the hospital anaesthesia where you are' knocked out' fully. If any of the following symptoms apply to you then sedation could be the answer.
- Fear of dental treatment/injections.
- History of traumatic dental experiences.
- Difficulty getting numb.
- Very sensitive gag reflex or difficulty opening.
- Extremely sensitive teeth.
- Complex dental problems; or a need for surgery.
- In denial of a dental problem until the pain is unbearable.
- Have not received professional dental care in many years, perhaps decades.
- Go from dentist to dentist, or doctors, to renew prescriptions for dental problems.
- Experience sweaty palms or find yourself gripping the armrests.
You don’t need to be afraid of going to the dentist any longer!
Every dentist at Hallcraig Dental Care can offer you sedation, if you think this will be of benefit to you please discuss this during your initial consultation.